Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Terrible Experience

I recently ate lunch at the new Taco Bell and KFC it was a terrible experience. As soon as I arrived the line up was out the door. They had one till open at lunch time. We waited for 20 minutes in the line up until ordering. While we were waiting for our food the girl behind the till was continuing to take orders and ran out of change. She handed out the wrong change to people and waited till someone gave her change to give to customers that were waiting for their food. There was clearly not enough staff making the food. The chaos was just about to get worse when the girl running the drive through realized she was handing the wrong food out the window to customers. The manager was ordering people around and getting angry which was not helping the situation. The stress level was high after 35 minutes they called my number and I final got my food. When I politely told the man that the order was "to go" he through the bag on the counter and expected me to bag it. After leaving the crazy place I went to take a bite of my food and it was cold. The food had no flavour and was bland. After my experience I will not go back until they are more organized, hire more staff and the excitement of the new restaurant calms down.

1 comment:

Chris Kapusty said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

its funny because I went through the same thing... except I was in drivethru for about 45 mins
lmao awesome paragraph